- Metropolitan Tree Growers have the best trees for Melbourne conditions - we are Melbourne specialists and understand the needs for this area.
- We are root-conscious producers. All trees are grown in SpinOut®-treated or Rocket Pot®, low-profile containers that minimise root spiralling and produce superior root system conformation. We manage the tree from propagation to final form to reduce root deformation, and root-prune at all transplanting stages to give high root mass and many root initials in the trees you buy.
- We grow the appropriate size trees for the containers we use. Trees grown in 16 litre containers are between 1.4 and 1.6 metres in height; trees grown in 40 and 50 litre containers are between 2.2 and 3.0 metres tall; trees grown in 75 litre containers are between 3.0 and 4.0 metres tall; trees grown in 95 litre containers are between 3.5 and 4.5 metres high; trees grown in 600 - 1000 litre Super Advanced litre containers are between 5.5 to 8.0 metres high.
- Canopy development is important. We prune all trees to develop the best canopy possible. Repeated pruning and development of structural branches assures best growth in the landscape with minimal future pruning. We stake selectively to give straight trunks with an appropriate trunk taper.
- We are specialist growers for Councils and Public Authorities. We are not growing for the general landscape market; we grow plant sizes, forms, and varieties to suit streetscape and public needs.
- We are located close to your needs, and can arrange delivery of any size order promptly.
- Metropolitan Tree Growers Pty Ltd is a professional horticultural company, dedicated to the highest standards of horticulture and giving you the best trees, service and value.
Drawn by Jill Kellow, 1998.